Deciding where to take the family out for an enjoyable dinner during your Myrtle Beach vacation can be a real challenge, but one with a nice reward for those who choose wisely. With more than 1,700 restaurants on the Grand Strand, finding a handful of places to dine that will make the whole family happy is a lot more difficult than it might sound.
So what do you do when Dad wants steak, Mom wants seafood, and the kids are divided between pizza and chicken nuggets? There's only one tiebreaker to settle the argument and make everyone happy — fun. Even the pickiest of eaters and most discriminating of palates can agree on fun and games being great additions to the menu — and some eateries offer these along with good food, too.
Myrtle Beach has a variety of restaurants that revolve around family fun and games, giving groups with diverse taste buds the opportunity to enjoy a family feast together in a fun-filled environment. In fact, some guests at Long Bay Resort in Myrtle Beach see these establishments as a way to cover food and entertainment in one trip, helping ease the burden on the vacation budget.
Savvy vacationers can save money by booking their beach vacations at Long Bay Resort, which offers plenty of bang for your buck to keep the family entertained with spacious indoor/outdoor pool decks, waterslides, an arcade, a Kid’s Club and the Sun & Fun Rewards program, which provides guests free passes and discounted tickets to various venues around town. If the family that plays together truly stays together, here are five places for some fun dining and bonding in Myrtle Beach:
* Broadway Grand Prix: Put a new spin on the term “fast food” by making a night of it at this popular go-cart track and family fun center. Featuring seven racetracks, two putt-putt golf courses, amusement rides, a rock-climbing wall and an arcade, Broadway Grand Prix also boasts a snack bar that offers a lot more than just snacks. Pizza, burgers and hot dogs are on the menu at this venue, as well as beach-vacation favorites like funnel cakes, ice cream and flavored frozen chillers.
* Dave & Buster's: Scheduled to open its doors at Broadway at the Beach this spring, this national chain of sports bars and video arcades is launching its first location on the Grand Strand. This isn't any sports bar and grill, it's Dave & Buster’s — a brand that is associated for great food and good times. The environment is fine for families, and the games range from kids' play to grown-up games. Opening in the old Hard Rock Cafe pyramid building, Dave & Buster's has locals and visitors excited about the new dining/games attraction.
* Dick's Last Resort: Rude service is normally something you try to avoid in a restaurant, but it’s par for the course at this Barefoot Landing location. This national chain has gained fame by serving tasty food and treating its customers like dirt. The good-natured teasing between servers and patrons is legendary as the staff goes the extra mile to make sure you have an awful(ly fun) experience.
* Rockin' Jump Trampoline Park: This new action-packed attraction not only gives the whole family a place to burn off some energy, but it also offers a place for the family to refuel. Featuring various trampoline-themed play stations, like the Ninja Challenge Course, Dodgeball Arena, Slam Dunk Zone and a jousting pit filled with padded foam cubes, just to name a few, Rockin' Jump allows patrons to work up a serious hunger and thirst, and then satisfy them at the Rockin' Jump Cafe. Families can enjoy pizza, burgers, salads, wraps, cold drinks and sweet treats while also having a bouncing good time.
* Ultimate California Pizza Game Zone: Located on Restaurant Row, only a short drive from Long Bay Resort, this hybrid pizza joint/video arcade is perfect for giving everyone in the family something to get excited about. There are high-tech virtual-reality games for the kids, old-school carnival-style games like Skee-Ball for both kids and grown-ups, and even a separate sports lounge for adults to relax in. Of course, everyone loves pizza, and this place has some of the best in town with a wealth of topping options, as well as good sandwiches, salads and flatbreads. The kids can get a combo card that includes a personal pizza and a loaded game card for a discounted price.
Families looking for a fun vacation together can find it at Long Bay Resort in Myrtle Beach. We look forward to hosting your family vacation and helping create long-lasting vacation memories.