- What taxes can I expect to pay?
Our accommodations require a 12% tax, distributed as follows:
– 5% State Sales Tax
– 1% Horry County Road Sales Tax
– 2.5% Hospitality Fee*
– 2% State Accommodations Tax
– 0.5% Local Accommodations Tax
– 1% Tourism Development Fee
= 12.0% TOTAL
* Note: Of the 2.5% Hospitality Fee, Horry County receives 1.5% to pay for RIDE 1 projects and local jurisdictions (towns, cities, the county) receive the remaining 1% collected in their respective jurisdictions. The Hospitality Fee is charged on prepared food, accommodations and admissions.
- Do I need a credit card to check in?
The hotel requires a credit card or debit card to be on file for incidental charges.
- Is there a surcharge to use my credit card for payment?
Grande Cayman Resort does not have surcharges for using credit cards as a form of payment.
- Does the resort provide parking (valet parking/free parking/across-the-street parking)?
We provide convenient on-site self-parking. The hotel also offers motorcycle parking across the street. Motorcycles are not allowed in parking garage of the main building. No trailers are allowed.
- What is the parking garage height clearance?
Level Maximum Clearance.
– 1st floor level: 8’8”
– 2nd floor level: 8’9”
– 3rd-9th floor levels: 7’2”
– 10th floor level: open air
- What time is check-in and checkout?
Hotel check-in time begins at 3 p.m.
Hotel checkout time is 11 a.m.
- Is it possible to check in early? May we use the facilities before check-in?
Grande Cayman Resort cannot guarantee rooms will be ready for check-in before 3 p.m.; however, in the event of arriving before check-in time, guests are welcome to use the hotel facilities until the rooms are ready.
- Do you accommodate late checkout?
Our hotel accommodates late checkouts based on room availability. For information regarding a later checkout time, contact the Front Desk the evening before or morning of departure.
- How do I edit my reservation?
All reservations can be edited by contacting our reservations department at 855-820-4751, or the hotel directly at 843-449-3361. All changes and cancellations in reservations are subject to hotel fees. Reservations made through third-party companies cannot be edited by our reservations department or hotel staff.
- Can I bring my pet?
We regret that the hotel does not accept pets; however, the hotel is fully compliant with registered service animals.
- How far away is the airport form the resort?
Myrtle Beach International Airport is located approximately 8.5 miles from the hotel.
- Is there a shuttle to and from the airport?
The hotel provides information on a variety of transportation options to and from the airport for individuals and groups. Call 843-449-3361 and ask the Front Desk to arrange transportation.
- Is there a shuttle available to local attractions?
The Front Desk at the hotel can help you arrange transportation to any local attraction.
- Is Wi-Fi available?
Yes, free wireless Internet connections are available in your room and the common areas of the hotel for an unlimited number of devices.
- What are the restaurants at the resort? Do you have room service?
The hotel does not offer room service; however, we offer two creative, fresh dining options in the hotel: Due South at 72nd’s Restaurant and Turtle Bay Café.
- What amenities are offered to guests?
Where do we start? We offer a large outdoor resort pool, indoor pool, outdoor and indoor kids pools, 4 whirlpool spas, lazy river, sauna, outdoor pool for rooms located at the Savoy building, fitness center, sun deck (adults only) and a tiki bar located by the pool. We also have a game room (coin-operated), laundry facilities (coin-operated), Business Center, Kids Club (seasonal), an on-site Starbucks, as well as an in-house golf director and meeting room facilities.
- Do you offer a concierge on-site?
Yes, the hotel offers on-site concierge services. The team is well versed in regards to local dining, attractions and special events.
- What TV channels are available in the room?
HBO, ESPN, City Channel Local Programming, WECT (NBC), WFXB (FOX), WGN, WPDE (ABC), USA, QVC, Headline News, WBTW (CBS), TV Land, WUNJ (PBS), WWMB (The CW), CSPAN, WIS (NBC), WHMC SCE TV, TBS, ABC Family, Discovery Channel, The Weather Channel, MTV, Spike TV, Lifetime, A&E, CNN, Nickelodeon, FX, BET, CNBC, TNT, ESPN2, Disney Channel, CMT, Animal Planet, WHCS, Hallmark Channel, The Golf Channel, ION, Fox News, Fox Sports Net South, TMC, History, Cartoon Network and Syfy
- Are movies available on-site?
Yes, the hotel offers an Automated DVD Rental System console on which guests can rent as many movies they want during their stay.
- Are cots available for rooms?
Yes, we offer cots to all rooms except in the three-bedroom condos. Cots have a $10 fee per night, limited to one per room.
- Is breakfast provided? If so, from what times? What is the price?
Yes, we have an on-site restaurant that serves breakfast at $8.95 for adults and $4.25 for children under 10 years old. We also offer special packages with room rate. Please contact our reservations specialist for details.
- Do you have hair dryers in the room?
Yes, hair dryers are available in every guest room.
- What newspapers does the resort provide, if any?
Unfortunately the resort does not offer newspapers with your stay. There is however a coin-operated local Sun New stand located out in front of the resort by the Starbucks.
- What is the cancellation policy?
There is a 10% cancellation fee charged to reservations canceled 14 days prior to the arrival day. Cancellations made within 14 days of arrival will have a cancellation fee of the first night’s rate, plus tax and applicable fees.
- Is there an iron and ironing board in the room?
Yes, an iron and ironing board are available in every guest room.
- What is stocked in the kitchen of a room/efficiency/suite/condo?
– Standard rooms with efficiency will provide you with a small refrigerator, microwave, stovetop with oven, basic cookware, dishware and utensils.
– Our suites provide a full galley kitchen with microwave, basic cookware, dishware and utensils.
– Our three-bedroom condos will provide you with a full kitchen complete with dishwasher, microwave, basic cookware, dishware and utensils.
- Do you have handicap-accessible rooms?
Yes, we provide handicap-accessible rooms with tubs and roll-ing showers. Please contact the hotel for a specific room type.
- How do you rent chairs and umbrellas on the beach?
Chairs and umbrellas are rented by the City of Myrtle Beach and are obtained through the lifeguard on-duty. Prices may vary.
- What are the pool hours?
Pool and whirlpool hours of operation are from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
- Do the units have a stocked mini-fridge?
Unfortunately, the hotel does not offer mini bars.
- How many parking passes per room?
All hotel guests staying in a three-bedroom condo can have up to two parking passes per room. All other rooms are limited to one parking pass only.
- What is the security deposit for? How long does it take for the credit card pre-authorization to be released?
The security deposit is for the amount of $100, which is refundable provided that there is no damage to the unit or missing items. The authorizations may take 7-14 business days from the departure date to be released, depending on the card issuer.
- Do the rooms have a washer and dryer?
Only the three-bedroom condos provide washers and dryers in the room.
- Are the pools heated?
Yes, all pools of the hotel are heated.
- Are cribs available?
The hotel offers Pack ’n Plays upon request and based on availability.
- Do any units have a Jacuzzi tub?
Unfortunately, the hotel does not offer rooms with Jacuzzi tubs.
- Do you offer discounts to area attractions? What attractions are close-by? THIS PART OF THE QUESTION ISN’T ANSWERED HERE.
The hotel offers on-site concierge services, which offer discounts to area attractions. Please call 843-449-3361 and ask the concierge for seasonal attractions.
- What is the damage waiver fee? What is included and not included?
The damage waiver fee is an optional fee that provides up to $1,000 of accidental damage. For example, this may include furniture damage, scratches, scuffs or spills on carpet, bedspreads, broken lamp or scratches or scuffs to walls. This fee is non-refundable and is added to your balance. The damage waiver does not cover intentional or malicious damage due to abuse or damage incurred while violating resort guidelines. For example, this may include, but is not limited to, smoking, pets, parties or other resort guidelines. Guest personal property is not included or damage discovered by the resort is not covered. All damages must be reported by the guest prior to checkout.