So what if it's cold or raining outside. As long as you stay at Long Bay Resort, you have your choice of many fun indoor activities to put the happy in your vacation.
Featuring a large indoor pool area and lots of other amenities, Long Bay is the ultimate destination both inside and out. Take baby steps to the beach and sun deck on the sunny days, and even fewer steps to these entertainment options located on-site.
Here are the five indoor activities for guests staying and playing at Long Bay Resort:
* It may be cold outside and in the chilly ocean surf, but the water is just fine at Long Bay's spacious indoor pool deck. Featuring a lazy river that encircles a pair of hot tubs and a heated pool and kiddie play area offer a fun and relaxing retreat that is only an elevator ride away. After taking a dip, warm up and dry off in the sauna for a refreshing post-swim break. For those who prefer to stay high and dry, the pool deck also has a ping-pong table, a shuffleboard court, a super-sized chess and checker board and an arcade area.
* There's no need for Long Bay guests to drive to the movie theaters when there's a virtual box office located in the lobby. Upon checking in, guests are given a Sun ‘N Fun Bonus Card that's good for unlimited DVD rentals from the on-site vending machine. Featuring all the latest releases as well as a long list of timeless classics, guests can check out family-friendly favorites and gather around the TV for some together time that doesn't cost a penny. Pop your own popcorn, bring your own candy, and hit pause when someone needs a bathroom break, things you can't do at an expensive a theater.
* Why go out for dinner when you can stay in for dinner. At Long Bay, guests have several delicious dining options without leaving the premises. Start your day with a Southern-style breakfast buffet that comes with a scenic ocean view in the main dining room. For a nice lunch or a happy hour drink, visit the Oceanfront Grill and have a tasty burger or sandwich with an ice-cold beer. And for dinner, leave the car parked and head to the lobby for the unique taste of Martin's, a European-style eatery known for its German and Austrian cuisine. Martin's also offers fresh seafood dishes and nightly specials, so even if you don't find what you want on the menu Martin will be happy to whip up something “Specially for you!”
* If you prefer to use your rainy day as a chance to get out and visit some of Myrtle Beach’s top indoor attractions, you are in luck. Guests at Long Bay receive free passes to some of the most popular places in town, such as Ripley’s Aquarium, Wild Water & Wheels Waterpark and Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament. Take the whole family for a visit to the bottom of the sea, for a splashing good time on the water slides and go-cart rides, or back in time for an up-close look at the Middle Ages and Long Bay will help pay your way just for being a valuable guest.
* It’s the little things in life that often mean the most, and what could be simpler than a hot cup of coffee or tea on a cold winter day? Long Bay guests don’t have to go far to make that tiny pleasure come true. Visit the on-site Starbuck’s and order up a hot latte or a frothy frappaccino, and pick up some baked goods to take back to the room. Pull back the blinds and watch the sun rise over the Atlantic.