We're within 100 days of Christmas, and that means it's time to start making out that dreaded shopping list. But buying presents for your loved ones doesn't have to be a chore. In fact, you can turn it into a good time by adding a little splash and dash of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, into your holiday equation.
There's a reason Myrtle Beach has been named America's favorite family beach vacation destination — because so many people love it. What better way to get family and friends to smile on Christmas morning than by sharing a small piece of Myrtle Beach with them? Here are a few ideas about how to make it a uniquely Myrtle Beach holiday experience at Long Bay Resort:
* Black Friday Blowout: Taking advantage of Black Friday specials can be a real hassle in most towns, but Myrtle Beach offers a fun and target-rich environment for getting a jump-start on your shopping list. While fighting the crowds at home might seem like a chore after spending Thanksgiving Day cooking and cleaning, taking a trip to Myrtle Beach allows guests to dine out on Thanksgiving Day, get a relaxing night's rest at Long Bay Resort, wake to a sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean from their private balcony, and hit all the Black Friday specials. Some savvy shoppers even save enough to help pay for their Thanksgiving vacation.
* Give a Getaway: Everyone has those loved ones on their list who are hard to shop for, so give them something you know they will love with a vacation getaway to Myrtle Beach. Let them pick the dates and book them a room at the Long Bay Resort for the ultimate Myrtle Beach experience. They will thank you on Christmas morning, and again later in the new year when they are enjoying their stay at Long Bay on the Myrtle Beach oceanfront. If you know a friend or family member visits Myrtle Beach every year, pick up a gift card for local attractions, restaurants, theaters or water-sports outfitters for use in the future.
* Shopping Spree: People with particular tastes are impossible to shop for, so why not let them do it themselves with a shopping spree in Myrtle Beach. Featuring lots of retail shopping centers, like The Market Common, Coastal Grand Mall and Broadway at the Beach, the Grand Strand is the perfect place to take your loved one on a shopping spree that is sure to score you some serious points as a great gift-giver.
* Souvenir Shopping: The Grand Strand is filled with gift shops, beachwear stores and specialty boutiques that offer items that are distinctly Myrtle Beach. From art galleries offering paintings and framed photos of breathtaking beach scenes to the historic Gay Dolphin Gift Cove filled with thousands of unique items, the Myrtle Beach shopping scene provides plenty of options for finding that special something for that special someone.
* Take a “Shop-cation”: That's right, a shopping vacation. It might sound overboard, but consider the opportunity to take a short trip to the beach for the holiday season while also knocking out your shopping list in one visit. The abundance of malls, retail centers, big-box stores, flea markets and more make Myrtle Beach a great place to wrap up all your shopping, and the low off-season rates and smaller crowds provide the ideal chance to have a good time while saving money.
If you and your family decide to spend the holidays in Myrtle Beach, or if you choose to give a Grand Strand getaway as a gift, be sure to book your stay at Long Bay Resort. Featuring oceanfront accommodations, first-class amenities, and on-site and nearby dining opportunities, Long Bay Resort is the right place to make some wonderful family vacation memories.