One of the trickiest things to plan is a night out in Myrtle Beach because so many people have different ideas about what constitutes a good time. Some in your group may want to dance; others might prefer a comedy club, while still others just want a bar where they can have a cold drink and some friendly conversation.
There's only one place in Myrtle Beach where you can find all of these types of clubs and more – Broadway at the Beach's Celebrity Square. Featuring 12 clubs located on one block, this district allows visitors to stroll from bar to bar to find the hot spot of the night or settle into the place that suits their mood.
Here are the 12 nightclubs that make up Celebrity Square, the Grand Strand's most happening stretch after the sun goes down:
* Broadway Louie's: This two-story sports bar features an arcade with all the latest video games on one side and a viewing area with a long bar and big-screen TVs lining the walls. This is a great place to watch the games with big crowds.
* Carolina Comedy Club: This new venue hosts some of the top comics on the national and regional tour, including hilarious hypnotism shows and special magic performances.
* Chuck & Duck's: Located right around the corner from Broadway Louie's, this is a slightly more laid-back version of a sports bar, and with better food.
* Club Boca: Get ready to dance to high-energy beats with a Latin spin at this modern dance club. One cover charge gets you into this and three other clubs at Celebrity Square.
* Country Roads Bar & Grill: Kick on your cowboy boots and get ready to two-step your way across the dance floor at this country-western bar. Free dance lessons and live music are part of the lineup at this honkytonk.
* Crocodile Rocks: Get ready for an entertaining sing-along at this Dueling Pianos bar, as two talented comedians/musicians hammer out hilarious songs and take requests from the crowd.
* Fat Tuesday: This Mardi Gras-themed bar lets the good times roll with a Popsicle shop for adults. Serving a wide selection of frozen concoctions, Fat Tuesday is a great place to get the party started.
* Froggy Bottomz: Live blues, rock, funk and soul music take the main stage every night of the week. One cover charge gets you into this and three other clubs at Celebrity Square.
* Hard Rock Cafe: Great food and live music await visitors at this pyramid-shaped building at the end of Celebrity Square. The cab stand is just outside the door, so it's a good place to end the night while waiting for a ride.
* Malibu Surf Bar: Dance to the latest hits and classic songs at this beach-themed club that features a giant shark's mouth on the dance floor. One cover charge gets you into this and three other clubs at Celebrity Square.
* Original Shucker's Raw Bar: Take a break from the action and relax over a cold beer and chilled plate of raw or steamed oysters.
* Revolutions: Walk through the door and back in time to the 1970s and '80s. Disco music and all-time pop favorites and spun nightly to fun crowds enjoying the retro-cool venue.
* Senor Frogs: This popular chain gained fame as a Caribbean hot spot for spring breakers, but the Myrtle Beach location is also family friendly, at least during the daylight hours. The real party gets started late at night.
* Wet Willie's: This frozen daiquiri bar is perfect for those ht summer nights when you need a frozen drink to get things rolling.